Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Folding Time

Half a year gone. Situations and events pleat the fabric of time. Or maybe a better metaphor is that of the hurdler, needing enough momentum to get over the hurdles, so even the spaces in between become a blur.

July was Youthwrite and the most awesome birthday, complete with fire alarms and a pinata and 60 kids out on the lawn in the middle of the night.

August was the death of my beloved little dog, Dextrose, and the hyper-life of the Edmonton International Fringe Theatre Festival: the satisfaction of the lovely, low-key Etymology of Iroquois contrasted with the circus atmosphere of Pagliacci in a tent. And everything made more challenging when I broke my right hand in a cycling accident.

September was the month when Candas was away in Whistler and the challenge was to teach my college and university courses, get my research project done, look after the rental property, close the house deal, care for the dying cat and the living mother-in-law, and meet the obligations of my church job.

October was a blur which included the More Peas, Please cabaret. November was a blur with Vinok Worldance's Christmas Around the World on top of it. December also a blur, with the Coming of the Kings laid on top.

So many times I wanted to post, but there was no time to process what had been happening.

Still isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment