Wednesday, March 21, 2007

THE 3-DAY NOVEL CONTEST NEARS THE END


Since last September I have been waiting for this week. Tomorrow we will shoot the finale to the BookTelevision reality-TV series on the 3-Day Novel Contest, and the winner will be revealed.

Winter has been lightened here by having an instalment of the show to look forward to every week. I don't know what it's like for the general public to watch it. The website has a poll where the public can express their opinion about who should be "voted off the island". I logged in today and found that Jill Battson is their first choice to boot off, and I am second. But it's not a popularity contest. What matters is the writing, and I am confident that my entry Juggernaut (already shortlisted for the International 3-Day Novel Contest) is in the running for the top prize.

Keeping my extremities crossed.

1 comment: