Friday, January 26, 2007

Raw Fish and Minister Faust

Last night was the preview of BookTelevision's 3-Day Novel reality television series. I'd like to say everyone was there - but you know it's not true. O hyperbole, thou'rt fallen on hard times! There were quite a few of the contestants - Darren, Ali, Mar'ce, Wayne, Tyler, and me. And all the fab folks from BookTV were there, as well as the fab folks from Chapters. Some of them didn't have much choice, since the event was held IN Chapters, but it was good to see them. Chef Kyla was there, and (electro)Lucy for pet therapy.

And
Minister Faust, one of the judges. Minister Faust made a point of saying that his way of helping a conflict situation (his judging) return to normal is to give people room; that some of the contestants may have thought he didn't like them because he kept his distance.

Ah, yes. One can see how they might think that.
Or it might have been the things he said about them.

Chapters gave us presents! So did BookTV - including a set of collector cards with gum. These things are very cool. And the spread had several celiac-friendly goodies: smoked salmon, sushi, fruit, cheese. In abundance! I can't be angry with anyone when there's raw fish in the offing. Besides, Minister Faust likes the work of Daniel Keyes - and Keyes' Minds of Billy Milligan changed my life. And I like the Minister's blog. So maybe we can forge an understanding. Over sushi.

I missed Catherine Ford, who was sunning herself in warmer climes while we basked in the northern limelights.

The powers that be won't reveal the winner of the television competition until they film the finale in March.

As I was putting my coat on in the room where the 12 contestants slept last September, I noticed a binder labelled
Loss Prevention Manual. Oh, the temptation! The opportunity for irony! I had a bag full of presents already - who would notice an extra bulge?

Did I? Of course not! It would be wrong.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog Mr. Anderson. I only hope one day to be as eloquent. I've started my new job and it seems to being going well so far. It's nice to do something that makes a difference for people for once. Can't wait to see you on TV!

    ReplyDelete